Note: A very comprehensive and well written manual is part of the wp34s package and can be downloaded separately from the sourceforge doc folder. I'm fililng out this page just to give those unfamiliar with the project a quick overview of the functionality provided by the WP-34s.
For those familiar with HP calculators of yor, Paul and Walter sum it up best in the manual:
The WP 34S function set is based on the famous HP-42S RPN Scientific, the most powerful programmable RPN calculator built so far. We expanded this set, incorporating the functionality of the renowned programmer‘s calculator HP-16C, the fraction mode of the HP-32SII, probability distributions as featured by the HP-21S, and added many more useful functions for mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, programming, like:
* Euler's Beta function, Fibonacci numbers, Lambert's W (all of these in real and complex domains), the error function, incomplete regularized Beta and Gamma, Riemann‘s Zeta, the most popular orthogonal polynomials, testing for primality,
* many statistical distributions and their inverses like Poisson, Binomial, Geometric as well as Cauchy-Lorentz, Exponential, Logistic, Weibull for reliability analysis, Lognormal and Gaussian with arbitrary means and standard deviations,
* programmable sums and products, first and second derivatives,
* extended date and time calculations based on a real time clock,
* integer computing in arbitrary bases from binary to hexadecimal,
* financial operations like mean rate of return and margin calculations,
* 80 conversions, mainly between universal SI and old Imperial units,
* 50 fundamental physical constants as precise as known today by national standards institutes like NIST or PTB, plus some more out of mathematics, astronomy, and surveying,
* complete Greek and extended Latin letter fonts covering many languages on this planet (upper and lower case in two font sizes each).
For the uninitiated (to HP calculators) this means the WP-34s supports the following:
Continue on to the WP-34s repurposing project